Things you will need;
- a box (shoe box, cereal box, any box)
- objects that begin with the letter s, a, t
What to do;
- Remove one item from the box at a time and discuss with your child what it is.
- What sound does this object begin with?
- Sort the objects in to s objects, a objects and t objects
Can you write the sound that the object begins with? This is to practise the s, a, t letter formation.
Wednesday 11th October
This week we have begun learning how to do addition in maths by counting two groups of objects.
You could have a go at making an addition machine in your home to help your children practise their addition skills.
So far we have learnt the sounds;
s a t p i n m g o c ck e u r
and these tricky words;
the I no go to
Please support your children by practising these at home. Keep checking our class page for updates as I will put some exciting activities on for you to do!
Roald Dahl Day – 13th September
For Roald Dahl day we dressed up as some of our favourite characters from Roald Dahl stories we have been read. We took part in lots of Roald Dahl activities throughout the day.
Mrs Reading entered a competition on twitter and won us some new books! Well done Mrs Reading!